Favorites

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Jet by Jay Crownover

Jet (Marked Men, #2)Jet by Jay Crownover
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jay Crownover is swiftly becoming a new adult author that I love. The guys in this series are spectacular- the main characters as well as their circle of friends. She writes characters who have experienced a lot of challenges and serious life problems, but have found their way to each other and provide a pretty great support system for one another. I was already attached to Rule, Shaw, Ayden and Cora after reading Rule (Marked Men, #1)- but I wasn't really prepared for Jet. I was very pleasantly surprised at all the depth I never expected from his character. I sort of assumed that he would be a hot awesome rocker who would fall in love and stop sleeping around with tons of women. While those things are true- that only presents a tiny sliver of his story. Jet is a truly talented musician and great performer- but that isn't what he is after. While he could easily make a successful career out of touring with his band and living as a rock star, that isn't what he wants for himself. He wants to make a living writing songs, recording music, discovering and developing other artists, but he doesn't need the spotlight. He wants to be close to his friends, and close to his mother who is in an incredibly abusive and dysfunctional relationship with his father. And he wants Ayden. Badly.

I knew from Rule that Ayden had sort of a wild past and had worked hard to re-create herself when she got to college. I definitely didn't realize the extent to which her life was out of control and why- which makes sense as even her closest friends only knew tiny bits and pieces of the story. Her strength, intelligence, and determination continued to impress me and cause me to really hope that one day she would get to have something wonderful for herself and that all of her sacrifice and hard work would pay off for her.

Also- the chemistry between Ayden and Jet is off the charts hot. I love them together and would recommend that anyone who has started this series continue it immediately by reading this one. I'm also completely excited for Rome's story- which should be coming out next!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment