Favorites

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Stealing Harper (Taking Chances, #2)Stealing Harper by Molly McAdams
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I don't think this book really helped the series any. Somehow I find Chase less likable now than I did after reading Taking Chances. Like when we had to speculate about his feelings and behaviors from Harper's perspective, they somehow seemed less whiny and immature than when we are presented with them from his own head. Chase's constant tormenting of Brandon was just ridiculous as were his repeated allusions that something was going on between himself and Harper before it was just to get a rise out of Brandon. Chase was completely unpleasant, and just because he finally met a woman that he didn't want to treat like shit, I don't think that means he should just "get her". I do actually like the post-hook up Chase- but it is nearly impossible to understand how he and Harper got to that point with how asinine his character behaves and is up until that point. I do end up caring about Chase, and I love his family. The way they take Harper in and provide her with the love and support she has not had in her life previously is very endearing- but even now, I'm still team Brandon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment